1. Rinse rice in strainer under cold running water. Drain; set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir about 10 minutes or until tender. Add barley, rice and garlic; cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute.
3. Stir in chicken broth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, about 1 hour or until barley and rice are tender.
4. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, mushrooms, peas, carrot and dried oregano; cook and stir 5 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
5. Stir bell pepper mixture into rice mixture. Garnish with fresh oregano, if desired.
Your Barley and Wild Rice Pilaf is ready. Bon appetit!
Related recipes: Wild Rice Pilaf, Main Dish, Rice Recipe
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes