1. In a Dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, borwn meat in fat. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Pour off fat drippings.
2. Cook onion in drippings remaining in pan until soft but not browned; stir often.
3. Add mushroom soup, wine, parsley, and garlic powder; mix well.
4. Return meat to pan. Cover and simmer for 3 to 3½ hours, or until done. (Or cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time).
5. Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout. When done, remove meat and keep warm.
6. For 2 cups gravy, pour liquid from pan into a 2-cup measuring cup. Let stand for 1 minute to allow fat to come to top. Discard all but 4 tablespoons (or less) of fat. Add enough water (or other liquid) to measure 1½ cups of liquid. Return to pan.
7. In same cup, measure ½ cup cold water and blend in flour. Add mixture slowly to liquid in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Taste gravy and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
8. Slice meat; serve gravy separately, or spoon over meat.
From: The More Beef for your Money Cookbook MMMMM Charrin' off the Ol' Point..from the O :-)
EZPoint V2.2 ====
Your Beef Pot Roast with Mushroom Soup-Wine Gravy is ready. Happy cooking!
Related recipes: Beef, Mine, Echo
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes