1. Heat milk, cream, sugar, chocolate chips and salt in a medium sized saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally until the chocolate is completely melted and all the chocolate specks are gone, 3-4 min. Remove from the heat.
2. Briskly whisk in the eggs.
3. Place the cut-up bread in a large bowl and pour the chocolate mix- ture over the bread. Toss, then refrigerate the pudding for 2-3 hours, tossing the mixture occasionally with a large spoon to be sure all the bread is soaked. You can pull a few pieces apart with your fingers to check.
4. Fifteen minutes before baking, preheat the oven to 350F. Generously grease a 6 or 8 cup souffle dish with butter.
5. Scoop the pudding into the prepared dish. Bake on the center oven rack until the top is crisp, about 40 minutes. They lay a piece of aluminum foil loosely over the surface of the pudding and bake until the pudding is set and a tester inserted close to but not in the center comes out dry, 30 minutes or more. Cool slightly before serving.
: Barred Baking Book, Author Judy Rosenberg
315-786-1120 or 315-785-8098
Your Chocolate Bread Pudding Classic is ready. Bon appetit!
Related recipes: Desserts
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes