1. Cut steak in half lengthwise. Cut each piece into diagonal slices crosswise, about ¼ inch thick.
2. In a large skillet, brown slices a few at a time in fat. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Continue until all slices are browned. Remove last batch of meat and pour off fat drippings.
3. Cook onion in drippings remaining in skillet until soft but not browned; stir often.
4. Add tomato sauce, wine, garlic powder , parsley, oregano, and basil. Return meat to pan.
5. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover tightly and simmer for 1 hour, or until meat is done, stirring occassionally.
6. Add mushrooms and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. If sauce is too thick, add juice from mushrooms.
7. Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
8. Serve meat and sauce over hot buttered noodles.
From: The More Beef for your Money Cookbook MMMMM Charrin' off the Ol' Point..from the O :-)
EZPoint V2.2 ====
Your Flank Steak in Wine Sauce is ready. Buon appetito!
Related recipes: Thrift, Beef, Mine, Echo
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes