1. Remove meat from refrigerator and let stand not more than 1 hour at room temperature before tenderizing. Cover meat to prevent drying out. Cut meat in two pieces for easier handling.
2. Follow manufacturer's directions for tenderizing meat. DO NOT SALT MEAT, rather correct seasoning toward end of cooking.
3. Brown meat slowly on both sides in fat. Place in a shallow baking dish.
4. Combine French dressing and water and pour over meat. Make a lid of heavy-duty foil. Cook in a 325F oven for 1 hour, turning meat once.
5. Combine bleu cheese, cream, and Worcestershire sauce. Spread over top of meat. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until meat is done. Baste meat once. Remove meat to a platter and keep warm.
6. For 1 cup sauce, pour liquid into a 1-cup measuring cup. Let stand for 1 minute to allow fat to come to top. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of fat. Add enough water to measure 1 cup of liquid. Pour into a small saucepan.
7. In same cup, measure ¼ cup cold water and blend in 4 teaspoons flour. Add mixture slowly to liquid in pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Taste sauce and correct seasonings, if necessary, with salt and pepper. Makes an unusual, tasty sauce.
8. To serve, carve thin diagonal slices across the grain.
From: The More Beef for your Money Cookbook MMMMM Charrin' off the Ol' Point..from the O :-)
EZPoint V2.2 ====
Your Flank Steak with Savory Sauce is ready. Good luck!
Related recipes: Thrift, Beef, Mine, Echo
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes