1. In a Dutch oven, or large pan with a tight-fitting cover, brown meat in fat. Season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Pour off fat drippings.
2. Cook onion in drippings remaining in pan until soft but not browned; stir often.
3. Add tomatoes and break up lumps, if desired, with a potato masher. (Or, tomatoes may be whirled in a blender for a few seconds.)
4. Add paprika. Return meat to pan. Cover and simmer 3 to 3½ hours, or until done. (Or cook in a 325F oven for same amount of time.)
5. Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout. Add corn during last 15 minutes of cooking. Skim off excess fat.
6. If sauce is too thin, remove meat to a serving platter and keep warm. Mix 2 tablespoons flour in 1/3 cup cold water. Add mixture slowly to sauce. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
7. Serve sliced meat with vegetables and sauce.
From: The More Beef for your Money Cookbook MMMMM Charrin' off the Ol' Point..from the O :-)
EZPoint V2.2 ====
Your Pot Roast with Tomatoes and Corn is ready. Bon appetit!
Related recipes: Beef, Mine, Echo
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes