1. Cut meat for 4 servings.
2. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in fat. Season with salt and pepper. Remove meat from pan and pour off fat drippings.
3. Cook onion and green pepper in drippings remaining in skillet until onion is soft but not browned; stir often.
4. Add tomato sauce with tomato bits, wine, and chili powder; mix well. Return meat to skillet.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat. Cover tightly and simmer for 1½ hours, or until done. Turn meat once to cook it evenly throughout. Taste sauce and correct seasoning, if necessary, with salt and pepper.
6. If sauce is a little too thick, add hot water, a small amount at a time, to desired consistency.
From: The More Beef for your Money Cookbook MMMMM Charrin' off the Ol' Point..from the O :-)
EZPoint V2.2 ====
Your Round Steak in Chili Wine Sauce is ready. Happy cooking!
Related recipes: Beef, Mine, Thrift, Echo
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes