Calories per serving: Number of Servings: 16 Fat grams per serving: : Approx. Cook Time: Cholesterol per serving: Marks:
1. Heat the cream almost to a simmer in a heavy medium-size saucepan. Remove the cream from the bowl, and divide it among three mixing bowls in these amounts: 1-¼ c, 1 c., ¾ c.
2. Stir the bittersweet chocolate into the 1-¾ c. cream, whisking until smooth. Stir the milk chocolate into the 1 c. cream, whisking until smooth. Stir the white chocolate into the ¾ c. cream, and add the seeds from the vanilla bean; stir until smooth. Cover the three bowls loosely and refrigerate until the mixtures are thick but still pourable, 3 hours.
3. Line a 8-½ x 4-½ in. loaf pan with aluminum foil. Leave some foil above the edge of the pain.
4. Transfer the white chocolate mixture to a mixer bowl, and beat until it forms soft peaks—be careful not to overbeat it. Beat the firm. Scrape it into the prepared pan, smooth the top, and chill it in the freezer for 5 minutes.
5. Repeat the beating process with the milk chocolate mixture and spread it over the white chocolate mixture in the loaf pan. Smooth the top, and freeze for 5 minutes.
6. Repeat again with the bittersweet chocolate. Spread it over the milk chocolate mixture, smooth the top, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm, 3 hours.
7. Lift up the foil to unmold the terrine. Remove the foil and cut the terrine into ½-in. thick slices. Spoon a pool of chocolate sauce onto each plate, and arrange a slice on top. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Your TRIPLE CHOCOLATE TERRINE is ready. Buon appetito!
Related recipes: Desserts, Mom's best, Ice cream
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes