1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. In small skillet heat olive oil and saute onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. In large bowl combine zucchini, carrot, broccoli, oatmeal, breadcrumbs, oat bran and cheese.
4. In small bowl beat together tomato sauce, egg and egg white, seasonings and Parmesan.
5. Combine all ingredients and stir thoroughly to mix.
6. Turn mixture into 9x5-inch loaf pan coated with non-stick spray.
7. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
Why the sudden interest in oat bran? Oat bran is the fibrous outer layer of the oat grain, which is generally removed when the grain is processed into oatmeal. Now that we know the importance of fiber in a well balanced diet, it is a good practice to put some of that oat bran back into our food.
DEAL-A-MEAL CARDS USED: 1 Bread 1 Meat 1 Vegetable 1 Fat 198 Calories
Your VEGIE GARDEN LOAF is ready. Bon appetit!
Related recipes: Vegetarian, Vegetables, Deal-a-meal
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes