½ Spanish Onion, peeled and sliced : 2 ts Garam Masala : 1 tb Fenugreek leaves : 1 tb Vinagar, (any) : Potato pieces boiled, (2 inch x 2 inch) : Chilli Powder 2-4 teaspoons
1. Proceed with stage 1 of mild curry base.
2. Make a water paste of the turmeric, pepper and chilli powder, then add and fry for 1 minute. Add the onion, stir-frying for 2 minutes
3. Continue with stage 2 to 5 of mild curry base.
4. Add the potatoes and remaining ingredients at the end of stage 5.
5. Serve after a minimum of 5 minutes simmering, or when ready.
NOTE: For a Tindaloo just add more chilli powder to taste.
Your Vindaloo Base is ready. Bon appetit!
Related recipes: Curry, Spice, Indian, Hot
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes