1. Fry bacon in a large, deep heavy pot over medium heat. When the bacon has rendered most of its fat, remove the pieces with a slotted spoon, drain on paper toweling and reserve.
2. Add the onions and garlic to the bacon fat and cook until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the pork and beef to the pot. Break up any lumps with a fork and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the meat is evenly browned.
4. Stir in the remaining ingredients except the beans and the bacon. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
5. Taste and adjust seasonings. Stir in the beans and the bacon, and simmer for ½ hour longer.
Your Amarillo Chili is ready. Buon appetito!
Related recipes: Chili, Beans
Season specials: Easter Recipes, Passover Recipes, Christmas Recipes, Season Recipes, Xmas Recipes